Basecamp is a project and team management software that helps your staff stay connected, assign tasks and schedules, share documents, among other benefits. It also has an app that can be installed to receive notification of assignment and messages.
To learn more about Basecamp, visit https://basecamp.com
If you have never used Basecamp before, here is a 2 minute intro to watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=su5xAZHF114
A more detailed tutorial is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT4DrrLU4_w
There is a free version as well as a paid version available. The free version currently limits you to 3 projects and 20 users.
1. First sign up for a Basecamp account if you don't have one. Go to https://basecamp.com to sign up.
2. If you are new to Basecamp, create a project in Basecamp where you want Tan-Link to add the To-Dos. For example, create a new Project and name it as your salon name. If you already use Basecamp, an existing Project can be used.
3. Inside the team, create a new To-Do section call Tan-Link Automated Reports. You can create different TO-DO lists later or separate them further as needed in the future.
4. Add a new person to this Project called Tan-Link Automated with the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. This should send us an invitation.
5. Request Tan-Link support to enable Basecamp on your site after the invitation has been sent.
6. After it is enabled on Tan-Link, the Basecamp account owner will need to go to Management > Setup Basecamp > Authorize Basecamp App.
Fill out the information as shown below using your salon's information.
Your Redirect URI (required) must use your site name. Replace 'salontropics' in the example with your site name and keep everything else as shown.
7. When this step is completed, it will show you a Client ID and a Client Secret, copy and paste those into an email to send to us.
8. Once the Application is authenticated, go to Management > Setup Basecamp and you should see any projects in your Basecamp account in the list as shown below.
On each of these, you will select a project from the list, then the Todo List, and then assign who is assigned that task. When the person completes the task, the 'Notify On Complete' person selected is informed. The 'Due in Days' is how many days the person assigned has to review and complete that task.
5. If new projects or users are added to Basecamp, click on the Refresh Projects button to retrieve a new list into Tan-Link.
The following notifications are currently available:
- Freeze: Notification when someone freezes an account in-store or online.
- Unfreeze: Notification when someone unfreezes an account.
- Cancel: Notification when someone cancels an account.
- Monthly Draft: Summary of today's draft run.
- Automatic Reports - [New Customers]: New customers that came in yesterday.
- Automatic Reports - [New Account With No Sale]: Accounts created yesterday with no sale.
- Automatic Reports - [New Account With No Tans]: Accounts created yesterday with no services.
- Automatic Reports - [Account Notes]: Account notes from yesterday.
- Automatic Reports - [Account Changes]: Account changes from yesterday.
- Automatic Reports - [Accounts On Hold]: Accounts currently ON HOLD.
- Automatic Reports - [Checklist Items]: Checklist items from yesterday that require responses.
- Automatic Reports - [Product Inventory Mismatch Report]: Summary of mismatches from automated inventory counting system.
- Automatic Reports - [Exclude From Missed Opps]: Accounts currently excluded from being counted as a missed opportunity for EFT sale.
- Automatic Reports - [Missing Time Clocks]: Timeclock errors or extra/missing time clocks.
- Automatic Reports - [Stock Receive Mismatch]: For multi-location salons, this report is the mismatch of stock shipped and received.
- Automatic Reports - [Repeat Decline List]: These are accounts that have declined for 3 or more times.
- Automatic Reports - [Inventory Mismatch Warning]: When an item is counted.
- Automatic Reports - [Incoming Text Notification]: Forward first incoming text from the customer that day.
- Automatic Reports - [Appointment Notification]: Notification of incoming appointment.
- Automatic Reports - [Ledger Notification]: Summary of ledger being closed.
- Automatic Reports - [Missed Checkin Alert]: Checkin monitoring system alert on missed checkin.
- Automatic Reports - [Online Membership Sale]: Notification of EFT sale online.