The Cisco SPA 303 is a voice over IP (VOIP) phone that allows you to receive and make calls using the Tan-Link call center.
How to setup the Cisco 303
- Connect the phone to power and to your internet using a network cable. Once the phone powers up, it should show connected to your network.
- Find out the IP address of the phone:
- Press the setup soft key on the screen.
- Go to Settings > Network and then find the IP address of the phone. It will be a number usually starting with 192 but could be something different.
- Open your browser and type in that IP address on the address bar. A screen similar to this one should appear:
Click on the Admin Login on top right and then click on EXT1 as shown below
On this screen, you will set the following options:
- User ID
- SIP ID
- Display Name
The Proxy, User ID, Password and SIP ID will be provided to you by Tan-Link. The Display Name is the number you wish to show on caller ID if a call is placed from this phone. Enter your 11 digit phone number for Display Number.
Click on Submit All Changes at the bottom of the screen.
The phone will restart at this point and after 1 minute, you can check to see if the phone has a dial tone. If it has a dial tone, you can try a test call.
If there is no dial tone, make sure your settings are correct. Also go to the Info button and see what status it shows on the screen. If all configuration is correct, it should show status as Registered as shown below: